Culley C. Carson IV
Culley C. Carson IV is the founding Member of Carson Law. Culley’s practice focuses on representing business clients and clients in the construction industry.
Culley has a broad range of experience representing owners, general contractors, and subcontractors drafting industry standard and customized construction contracts. Culley has substantial litigation and dispute resolution experience representing his clients in mediation, arbitration, litigation and before professional licensing boards.
Prior to forming Carson Law, Culley served as Legal Counsel to Bovis Lend Lease Holdings, Inc. (now Lend Lease), an international construction and development company based in Sydney, Australia. Culley was an Associate with Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, PLLC (now Womble Bond Dickinson) in the Intellectual Property and Construction Practice Groups. Most recently, Culley served as General Counsel to AstroTurf, LLC, an iconic and industry leading manufacturer and installer of synthetic turf. Culley currently serves as Outside General Counsel to AstroTurf, LLC.
You can call Culley at (919) 439-4298 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Representedgeneral contractor in claimagainst localmunicipality in lawsuitinvolving constructionof Town Hall building. Claims included owner causeddelay, acceleration, liquidated damages and architect negligence.
- Represented General Contractor in
lawsuitagainst restaurant owner arising out of fit-upproject in Raleigh, North Carolina. Claims included claimof lien, breach of contract. Resolved multiple subcontractor lawsuits arising out of allegations of non-payment on the project.
- Represented 10 Plaintiff’s in Eastern District of North Carolina in
employmentdiscrimination case against international big boxdiscount retail store. Claims involved age and race discrimination.
- Represented mixed-use apartment developer and construction manager in claims against staircase subcontractor. Claims included breach of contract and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Represented owner in drafting and negotiating mixed-use project in Chapel Hill, North Carolina containing 246 apartment units, 42,000sq/ft retail space and 159,000 sq/ft of Class A office space.
Representedelectrical contractor in negotiation of 350 MW solar power Master Electrical (EPC) Installation Agreement with international fund management company.
- Represented Electrical Contractor in
negotiationof portfolioof agreements for the installation of solar panel projects throughout North Carolina and Southeast region.
- Represented Surety companies in Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina involving Miller Act claims against general contractor principals.
- Represented Owner in
saleof limited partnership interests in Major League Baseball team.
- Atlanta Orthopedic Surgeons v. Adams, 254 Ga. App. 532, 562 S.E.2d 818 (2002).
- Satterwhite v. Wal-Mart Stores East, L.P., 2012 WL 255347.
- Construction Litigation
- Construction Transactions
- Commerical Real Estate Transactions
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- Technology Transactions
- Outside General Counsel
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- J.D., Catholic University of America, 1999
- Certificate in International Law, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1994
BAR and COURT ADMISSIONS
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Construction Law Section, Section Council Member 2017-2020
- UNC-TV Board of Trustees, 2015-Present
- Board of Visitors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010-2014
- Vice President, Board of Directors, John Avery Boys & Girls Club, 2006-2008